Re: yassl && libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 21:09:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Alexander Lazic wrote:

> the new yassl have announced that libcurl can be build with it.
>
> http://www.yassl.com/
>
> Have anybody seen this and/or try to build libcurl with yassl?

Interesting! But I would rather see them doing a proper adjustment for libcurl
to use their native API than the OpenSSL layer...

Ok, a quick attempt at building libcurl with yassl:

You need to point curl's configure to the actual source tree where you build
yassl, not where you install it with make install. This is because the install
dir is not done as an OpenSSL "fake".

I couldn't make curl build as their README says it should be done, configure
fails to detect yassl as OpenSSL because yassl assumes the math lib and curl's
configure doesn't use it. I could work around that by setting LDFLAGS to -lm
before running configure. Then configure detects "OpenSSL" fine but outputs a
few (soon to be found lethal) warnings on header files.

The claimed openssl "layer" seems incomplete and lacks header files OpenSSL
provides and that libcurl assumes so when I then run 'make' I get errors and
warnings because some #includes we do include my system's default OpenSSL
headers since they aren't provided by yassl...

So, while it seems to be on the right track, it certainly isn't perfect yet.

If someone from yassl reads this or if someone else is interested enough, I
can of course provide further details but these are all obvious flaws you
notice just by trying what I just did.