Re: Problem with ming32 and curl with ssl enabled

From: Nimrod A. Abing <nimrod.abing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:11:17 +0800

On 4/29/06, Surfman19_at_gmx.at <Surfman19_at_gmx.at> wrote:
> debugger output:
>
> C:\curl_test>gdb Projekt1
> GNU gdb 5.2.1
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"...
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: C:\curl_test/Projekt1.exe

> whats wrong with wsock32 library?

This has been a recurring problem I had also been having when
debugging MinGW compiled programs that use winsock and is not specific
to libcurl. Try running your program without the debugger, it should
run normally.

Are you running a firewall on the machine you are testing this on? If
so, then see here for a possible explanation:

http://www.sourceware.org/cygwin/faq/faq_3.html#SEC55

And I think the way libcurl handles timeouts using signals causes this
behavior under win32. See here:

http://www.sourceware.org/cygwin/faq/faq_3.html#SEC114

--
_nimrod_a_abing_
Behold, the Underminer! I'm always beneath you, but nothing is beneath