Re: cross-compiling the curl library for PPC?

From: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:39:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> The configure is written to accept --with-ssl=PATH and try that
> given path first, so if you just point out the ssl path like that it
> should work fine.

just in case i explained myself badly the first time, let me give a
live example. imagine that i want to configure curl given that i've
already built that cross-compiled openssl, and

1) the openssl libs on my build system are sitting in directory /a
2) the openssl header files are sitting in a *different* directory /b
3) i want the eventual curl build to, once it's installed on the
target system, search in directory /usr/local/whatever/libs for the
openssl libs at runtime (this would represent -rpath. or would that
be rpath-link?)

so, at config time, i need to identify those three directory
locations: /a and /b on the build system for the sake of the *build*,
and /usr/local/whatever/libs on the *target* system for runtime.

what would the configure look like? thanks.

rday