Re: ebcdic and tpf patches

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:52:43 -0700

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 12:43:34AM +0000, David McCreedy wrote:
> It converts on the -u. I don't know about -H since the TPF port is only
> for FTP at present and -H shows up as an HTTP option.

Sorry this response is a bit behind, as you've already updated your patch.
Since it's ftp only, will it handle -Q ?

> Right. I had lucked out on the calls but it's not a good solution moving
> forward.
> I'll work up a better fix in April.

The fix in the patch you just posted suffers from the danger that someone will
add a new select somewhere and forget to call curl_check_signals(), too,
breaking TPF support. It seems safer to me to create a tpf_select() function
that does both calls, then use a macro to replace calls to select() in the
code with tpf_select().

> I know very little about threads. What would be a good solution?
> Would moving the _cd fields to the SessionHandle make this thread safe?

I think leaving it as it is too dangerous, especially since this code will
be active for all platforms. I don't know the best place to put these
variables from an architectural perspective, but I imagine putting them in
a SessionHandle would probably solve the problem.

>>> Dan