Re: to be put on mailing list

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:30:44 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, sujata singh wrote:

> I am planning to connect to different servers, with each having a different
> curl handle open. About 20-30 open curl handles simultaneously, should not
> be a problem is it?

If your app can handle the resources, then no.

> Also, just to reconfirm, this has got nothing to do with CURL_MAXCONNECTS
> option ( like similar open connections on one curl handle). Right?

Every handle can have CURL_MAXCONNECTS connections alive.

> Next, is there an example that demonstrates the above.

Demonstrate what? You mean a program that uses 20 handles? The multithread.c
example uses 4 threads but you could easily make it use 20. The multi-double.c
example shows how to download 2 simultanoes transfers using a single thread.
That too could easily be made to use 20, 50 or 200 instead.

> Do you think, in between different calls, should I just clear the headers
> etc. (because everythin else remains the same), and be ready to go. Or the
> better way is to call reset option?

You mean that particular setopt option? I think that if you only want to
change one option between the invokes, then I think you should change only
that.