Re: Re: Example Http Get File in C

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:18:54 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, HerzAusGold wrote:

(This guy replied to me privately, although he did so from an email address
that bounces mails so I can't send this response back and thus I post it here
instead.)

> Dont wont to add useless functions.

Then get rid of all the checked_* functions and ptr_free(). Skip
getStringCopy() and use plain strdup().

> I write this for a open source game - and want to put this back to the
> community.

I'm happy you think this way, and I'm grateful. I just want examples to be not
only example of how libcurl can be used, but also be fairly good code in
general without too much "extra".

I don't mean to be ungrateful, I really do appreciate your work and your desire
to contribute to the project. It's just that I have fairly high demands on the
code that I "let in" as examples.

> As full example. If this is not necessary - say it. cause' I don't found an
> example how to download a file via http (with follow location, referer).

I like full examples!

> Now i read the docs, like you suggested ;-)
> And write a seperate header function.

That'll make the header-parsing so much nicer!

> Any docs or examples out how to parse the header data easier.

Your callback will get called once for each header.

> Which headers are possible.

RFC2616 details all the HTTP 1.1 headers.

> Is there any structure like xml.

No, headers are plain "header: data" as RFC2616 describes.

> Sorry, but I realy dont know how to do a group reply (using outlook express).
> Yes I read the docs.

You didn't even make a normal reply since you used an address to me in this
mail that I didn't use when I replied to your post. A plain normal reply works
in outlook as well, as we sent the "Reply-To:" field in all outgoing mails from
the mailing lists...

The fact that you send private emails with a From: address that doesn't accept
emails is just... silly.

--
          -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-
   ech`echo xiun|tr nu oc|sed 'sx\([s\x]\)\([\xoi]\)xo un\2\1 is xg'`ol