Re: Re: Example Http Get File in C

From: herzausgold <herzausgold_at_online.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 02:32:18 +0100

> Then get rid of all the checked_* functions and ptr_free(). Skip
> getStringCopy() and use plain strdup().

If I remember correctly strdup() is not supported by some compilers.
And sometimes strdup is in string.h while strcpy and other stuff is in stdio.h.
But curl is implemented on many systems, so you know it better, may be..
Or the days where strdup not exists are gone..

btw: An other behavior of strdup() is even discussed here. (free the created memory).

And having this functions it's easy to do some logging or debugging
or write a memory allocator.
OK, for an example this functions are useless...

For the other, you wrote: I understand and agree with this.
May be you can name "Rocks'n'Diamonds" as an application uses libcurl.

btw. my email should reachable, nobody else have problems.
in this mail i filled my "Subject" field (have no ReplyTo field!)
Sorry but in these things..I am not familiar.