Activestate Perl and libcurl on Windows

From: Kevin Carothers <kevindotcar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:12:04 -0800

Hey to All,

I know this is a dead horse beaten to death a dozen times...
Is there an easy way to install libCurl on ActiveState Perl under Windows?

In an ideal world, I'm imagining a a PPM file existing somewhere for this-
but if not, I'm just wondering if someone has actually done it.

I'm a little sketchy on what happens on the UNIX side when you install the
library (Perl Makefile.PL) but I think it generates the CURLOPT constants
from the actual libcurl.a file- from what looks like a call to "echo
-Lcurl".

Obviously, Windows systems don't have this kind of "makefile machinations" -
so someone has to either hand-edit the .pm files, or get them parsed into
submission from the particular version of the library that (has been)
chosen.

Thanks for listening.

KC