Re: Passing raw data through a proxy

From: Allen Chan <innovation101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:29:15 +0800

On 1/15/06, Karl M <karlm30_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do I understand correctly that the current transfer capabilities for libcurl
> are pretty much one way? Supporting file reads or writes (gets, puts, etc.)
> between the local and remote? So bidirectional I/O would be a bigger change?

Hi Karl, I'm glad you are also interested on this one. This was what I
was also trying to achieve, but currently do this outside libcurl
instead.

I mentioned in the thread linked by Daniel that to round up the
features, there should also be a raw transfer function. But I am not
currently working on that since the program I am working on already
has this raw I/O and just needed the features I mentioned on that
thread.

But I suppose it would just involve creating APIs for functions
already in curl, so it should not be too hard.

Do you think you still need the raw transfer or should the
connect-only-and-leave you-with-a-socket function already be enough?

I'll get you the patch on monday, even if i dont get the diff working
(haven't tried it yet, winmerge?) I'll post the code and if you could,
just add it manually yourself =D

Allen