Re: Passing raw data through a proxy

From: Karl M <karlm30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:12:32 -0800

Hi Daniel...

That looks like one of the ways I was considering. Just authenticate with
the proxy for me and then I take the socket and do the rest myself. This is
clearly the way I was going to do it if there was no interest in new
features for libcurl because it is minimally invasive to libcurl.

The other possibility is a raw transfer protocol type. Then after the
CONNECT and authentication with the proxy, libcurl would just do raw
bidirectional I/O between stdin and stdout and the socket.

Do I understand correctly that the current transfer capabilities for libcurl
are pretty much one way? Supporting file reads or writes (gets, puts, etc.)
between the local and remote? So bidirectional I/O would be a bigger change?

I'm happy to hear that you and others are interested and that there is work
going on in the area.

Thanks,

...Karl