Re: FTP file downloaded but request fails

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:32:22 -0800

jon.turner_at_thomson.com wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't have any control over the network, I was just
> wondering if network issues like this could be dealt with in a slightly
> better way by curl (seeing as MS FTP works...) - I agree it isn't a
> particularly nice (maybe even unreliable) solution.

When faced with this kind of situation the best way to proceed is run
Ethereal and see what is actually being sent on the wire. You can
theorize and hypothesize all day long but the answer is guaranteed to be
evident from the packet capture. IME this saves hours of time compared
to playing with options or staring at C code.

Brian