RE: FTP file downloaded but request fails

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:29:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, jon.turner_at_thomson.com wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't have any control over the network, I was just
> wondering if network issues like this could be dealt with in a slightly
> better way by curl (seeing as MS FTP works...) - I agree it isn't a
> particularly nice (maybe even unreliable) solution.

I'm not against thinking out a fix. I'm just trying to first figuring out
exactly why you get the error so that we address "the quirk" in the best
possible way.

When you use the "MS FTP" tool, does that do anything on the control
connection while the transfer is being done? If not, does it get the final
response code from the server after the tranfer anyway?

I agree that a download that receives the number of bytes claimed before the
transfer could very well be considered OK even if the control connection has
died in the mean time and I think we should consider a way to make libcurl
return fine for this case, even if it has to kill the connection to the server