Re: libcURL, Windows, and SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 00:41:04 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Steven Harrison wrote:

> I'm using the last version that came with SSL support (7.13.1 according the
> the dll's file version)

You mean the latest version precompiled for your platform that works for you?
Yes, that might be the case. Compiling a later version yourself should be easy
and quick enough though.

> and I've got my application working ok, but every so often it refuses to
> download anything from the server.

What happens then in more exact terms?

> (I downloaded the libcurl-7.15.0-win32-ssl-sspi.zip file after looking
> though the archives of this mailing list, but that is returning errors about
> unallocated memory).

That's news to me. Anyone else seeing this problem with this package? I don't
use them myself, I only built and provide them.

> So am I stuck with using the old 7.13.1 and not having access to the cookies
> until I've run the cleanup function, can I upgrade to 7.15.x and get SSL to
> work (even if I have to get the openSSL libs), or is there another way to
> access the information in 7.13.1?

If you really want to extract the cookie information from libcurl, then
upgrading seems to be the only option.