Re: Info request about the zero copy interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 00:10:59 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Legolas wrote:

> *Do you think using this object would be useful?* Or else do you want me to
> extract the memory streams interface code from the main project?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand how all that comes into play when we'd add
a zero copy interface.

To make downloads zero copy, libcurl must have a place and size to store data.
How does it get that? And how does it ask for subsequent buffers?

To make uploads zero copy, libcurl must get a data buffer with a size (without
having to copy it). How does it get that? And how does it ask for subsequent
buffers?

Please be more specific on how your ideas would get turned into a libcurl API.