ftp partial file and EPSV questions

From: <Zibiao.Wei_at_atxinc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:28:49 -0400

I have two questions when using libcurl for ftp transfer. They may not be
libcurl problems.

1. I have thousands files to upload to ftp servers. After upload each file
I immediately download it to verify. No problem when the transferring is
across network. But if the ftp server is local host, it never succeeds to
upload all files. Errors occur after some files are done. One problem is a
file gets uploaded but when download, I get CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE error.
Interestingly before RETR command, the SIZE command gets correct size. If
I insert 100 milliseconds between the upload and download, problem goes
away. Any clues what's going on? Is there a better solution rather than
insert some delay time?

2. I encounter an ftp server that accepts EPSV command and returns a data
port number, but libcurl can never continue to transfer data, neither does
libcurl try to change to PASV mode. Some other ftp utility initially
starts with PASV command and is able to continue transferring data. Is
this a server problem or other possibility? I kind of don't want to
disable EPSV only because of this particular server.

Bill Wei