Re: Port for VxWorks

From: Rajneesh <r.khanna_at_samsung.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:24:00 +0530

Thanks Daniel for answering the questions.

>> Due to budget constraints for further support from WindRiver, i need to
>> port libcurl to VxWorks for the HTTP/HTTPS support that we need.
>
> Out of curiousity: does this mean that there is some kind of HTTP(S)
> library that Wind River provides/supports for VxWorks?

Well, to answer your question first, WindRiver does provide HTTP(S) library.
They have it for their web-server based products. Since, my domain is an
embedded one, they just provide basic/minimum support for HTTP not HTTPS(
and this depends on what version of VxWorks we use). And yes, they can
provide additional libraries, but they charge heavily for it...:((

Well, here are my next set of questions :-

1. I know OpenSSL is for Linux primarily, but how easy would it be if we
plan to port it to VxWorks. I mean is there any POSIX layer/wrapper that can
help me in porting SSL to VxWorks ?
2. I have made my own config-vxworks.h file from the sample OSes config
files that are there in curl-7.14.1/lib folder. Although i am having some
trouble compiling the library, i think i can remove the errors.My question
is have i started correctly ?
3. Isn't OpenSSL bundled with curl-7.14.1 available on the website ?

And yes i use VxWorks version 5.5 .

Thanks a lot!!

This should get me started.. for the time being i guess ;)

Rajneesh