Re: Port for VxWorks

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:23:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Rajneesh wrote:

> Has anyone ported libcurl to VxWorks.

Not that I know of.

> Due to budget constraints for further support from WindRiver, i need to port
> libcurl to VxWorks for the HTTP/HTTPS support that we need.

Out of curiousity: does this mean that there is some kind of HTTP(S) library
that Wind River provides/supports for VxWorks?

Knowing the competition is always good! ;-)

> 1. Is libcurl portable to VxWorks?

It has been a good while since I last looked at VxWorks (we're talking almost
ten years ago) but afaik it has (at least optional) POSIX layers and using a
such it certainly feels possible to port libcurl to it.

Without a POSIX layer, you may get a hard time to adjust the POSIX-ness of
libcurl's code to the VxWorks way of doing things. It still will be possible,
but it will give you more work.

> 2. What are the specific dependencies i need to take care?

If you want HTTPS you need a SSL layer and that's probably gonna be the bigger
part of your work. libcurl supports both OpenSSL and GnuTLS.

> 3. What are the files (config.h) etc i need to change.

I think you should start with a freshly generated config.h file and then edit
it according to what you think is fit for your target/compiler.