Re: curl_multi_fdset alternatives

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:06:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Alexander Lazic wrote:

> i try to add another fd_get interface so that the developer can use another
> call then select.
>
> What i want to do is to add the possibility for libevent and poll ;-)

I see. But simply getting the file descriptors from libcurl in a better way is
not really a complete fix for better support for many simultanous connections
with transfers.

For some further thinking on that topic (based on some rather extensive talks
on this list a while ago), see around line 240 in include/curl/multi.h for the
curl_multi_socket() ideas.

> I have think to return a slist of the fds, what are you thinking about this?

If you by 'slist' mean a linked list of structs defined in curl/multi.h, then
sure I'm all for this ('slist' is bound to not be globally available).