Re: multithreads or multi interface

From: Martin Vogt <vogt_at_itwm.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:12:03 +0200

Alexander Lazic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon 05.09.2005 13:06, Martin Vogt wrote:
>>
>> Both demo programs show a timeout problem, I got some replys how to fix
>> ist, but currently without any success.
>
> An the last comment from jason wasn't also helpfully?
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2005-09/0058.html
Yes, I mean no....

I have appended the new prog, it does not solve the problem.
I think it has something to do, that after the
curl_multi_add_handle(multi_handle, ctx);
The fdset is empty, at least maxfd is -1.

>> Im now writing something in apr, but I would be happier if I can use
>> curl, because its a bit easier to use.
>
> Yes the apr isn't very nice for that, have you looked at libowfat =>
> gatling.

Nope. My benchmark is almost done.

>> Maybe my demo program makes something stupid, it needs a bit debugging.
>
> Have you tested you programm with threads?
No, this would overcomplicate it. And you have context switches.
I hope to get 16000 requests per second, but I may be dreaming.

> On witch OS do you test the program?
SuSE 9.0
> With which curl version?

curl-7.14.0-1 build with gcc 3.3.3

> What does you mean with 'Timeout problem'?!
During the select call.
Have you compiled the program, I think it show the problem very clearly
on any www site.

(Although it might still be a bug in how I use libcurl.)

regards,

Martin