Callback and writefunction

From: Sue Stones <cyberstones_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:41:54 +1000

I am trying to use curl to download webpages for processing but am
having problems. Whenever I use libcurl I find that the download
doesn't finish and it crashes my program. When I use curl manually on
the command line I have no problems.

I am wondering if the its something to do with callback and write
function, but I cannot find anything that explains what callback is,
or what the writefunction should do. All I have found in the
documentation seems to assume that the reader is already familiar with
these concepts, and it simply states that they are necessary.

Is there any explanation anywhere. Can someone explaine these things?

sue