Re: Makefile Issues

From: Richard Atterer <richard_at_2005.atterer.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:51:09 +0200

Hi there,

I'm not sure of the reason for your "quest" to compile from source... In an
earlier mail, you said that you wanted to find out whether 7.14.0 fixed
some bug or other - are you aware that Daniel has kindly been making
available daily cross-compiled mingw snapshots? See
<http://cool.haxx.se/curl-daily/>. Also, this snapshot:
<http://daniel.haxx.se/curl/libcurl-7.14.1-CVS.zip> worked very well for me
when I tried it a week ago. You could also try the result of my own attempt at
<http://atterer.net/jigdo/curl-7.14.0-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32msbitfields-ra050711.zip>
See the mailing list archive around July 12th for some more discussion.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:35:54PM +0200, T kyer wrote:
> make -f Makefile.m32 [SSL=0] [DYN=0];

Is this GNU make?? It doesn't look like it - trying anything else is pretty
hopeless, unless you know both GNU make *and* your own make very well.
(Try "make -v" to see whether anything about GNU make is printed.)
For GNU make, AFAIK you need to use "make SSL=1 -f Makefile.m32" etc.

> In file included from ../include/stdio.h:399,
> from setup.h:110,
> from sendf.c:24:
> ../include/sys/types.h:104: warning: useless keyword or
> type name in empty declaration

Your system headers appear to be broken... :-/ Maybe it's connected to the
issue below, maybe not:

> ftp.c:2239: error: `CURLE_LOGIN_DENIED' undeclared (first
> use in this function)

I have seen this myself when compiling libcurl. The problem is that curl.h
is #included during compilation, but that curl.h is not the curl.h from the
sources you're currently trying to compile, but one from _another_ curl
version which is already installed. Deinstall the old libcurl and all its
headers before trying to compile the new version.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯