Re: Makefile Issues

From: Lars Nilsson <chamaeleon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:15:40 -0400

> PS Have you at all considered using the mailing lists for
> Dev-C++ and/or
> Mingw for questions regarding their usage?
>
> Lars Yes I have and I will address my findings once I have
> successfully compiled the libcurl library as it may prove
> useful to others using the Windows/Dev environment.

I find it strange that you're using the libcurl list for figuring out
how to use Dev-C++ and then intend to report on the Dev-C++ list how
to compile libcurl using Dev-C++. To me this looks like it should be
done the other way around.

Having said that, Dev-C++ compiles curl-7.14.0 just fine (I omitted
ssl and zlib in this experiment). The total time, including setting up
Dev-C++ until curl.exe was compiled (generating libcurl.a as a
sideeffect) was on the order of 30 minutes. This means that whatever
problems you're currently experience are due to your setup, which
people on the Dev-C++ mailing lists/forums are better suited at
helping you solve than those on the libcurl mailing list, who are
probably using other platforms.

Lars Nilsson