Re: Login on https page

From: <man_at_tfhs.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:30:34 -0000

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005, "vperrone_at_libero.it" <vperrone_at_libero.it> said:

> Thanks a lot for the fast answare!
>
> How can I know where is Logon.fcc?
>
> <form METHOD="post" ACTION="Logon.fcc" NAME="frmRegister">
>
> there isn't an absolute path...I've tried
>
> https://bancopostaonline.poste.it/bpol/bancoposta/Logon.fcc,
>
> but i don't think that's right...
>
> Anyway...I've tryied to use the same code to login to a simpler page http (not https) and i get the same problem, i always get the login page...so, is missing sometning in my code?
> Perhaps curl fill the form but doesn't send it to the server...

if a uri does not start with a '/', it replaces the last segment of the
current url:
https://bancopostaonline.poste.it/bpol/bancoposta/formslogin.asp

becomes

https://bancopostaonline.poste.it/bpol/bancoposta/Logon.fcc

when i go to that url, i get a blank page, but there is something there, i
just did not send it the variables it expects.

understand this:

you must first do a request to gather the cookies (formslogin.asp) and
then you must do a separate POST to Logon.fcc and include whatever
variables and cookies it requires, just like your browser does.

this is very basic. you need to read up on the http transaction model
before you continue.

allan