Re: libcurl in JNI context

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:52:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Lai, Andy wrote:

> I ran purify and I did not see any memory corruption caused by libcurl. Yet
> I do not understand why calling curl_easy_perform will cause JVM to go down
> at a later point of time.
>
> Any help, suggestion, or advice is greatly appreciated.

What OS? What libcurl version?

I really think you should start figuring out the "goes down siliently" part.
Why exactly does is stop. When you know that I think you have a better chance
to understand or figure out what libcurl's part in that might be.

Personally I like using 'strace' or similar to figure out such things, but in
a server environment like this it might be tricky.

And no, I don't have any sensisble ideas why this happens, but then JVMs are
not within my area of expertise.