libcurl in JNI context

From: Lai, Andy <hlai_at_informatica.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:56:09 -0700

Hi,

My webapp running in tomcat calls a native function which eventually make a curl_easy_perform call that does an HTTP post.

Strangely, the JVM goes down siliently (no core dump and nothing shows up on console) after the curl call returns successfully, followed by a few mouse clicks on my webapp UI.

More strangely, it happens only when I click my mouse fast enough. If I client my link slowly, this does not happen. If I comment out the curl_easy_perform call, this does not happen.

The problem happens even if I only do the following:

    m_curl = curl_easy_init();
    curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_URL, url);
    curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_POST, TRUE);
    curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 0);
    curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, 0);
    CURLcode res = curl_easy_perform(m_curl);

I ran purify and I did not see any memory corruption caused by libcurl. Yet I do not understand why calling curl_easy_perform will cause JVM to go down at a later point of time.

Any help, suggestion, or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy