Re: Developing for "mingw32 -mms-bitfields" - both mingw32 and MSVC binary libs fail

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:22:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Richard Atterer wrote:

>> http://daniel.haxx.se/curl/
>
> Strangely enough, it appears to work just fine! :-) I had to rename the DLL
> to libcurl-3.dll, though.

Aha. I renamed it _from_ that name since I thought it was a bit weird, but I
could easily provide it as-is instead (and it also ended up in /usr/local/bin
when I do make install and I find that weird as well...).

I wrote up a script that does this build and packaging work, so I hope to be
providing daily libcurl snapshots for win32 soonish.

> FWIW, this is the result of my cross-compile:

> http://atterer.net/jigdo/curl-7.14.0-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32msbitfields-ra050711.zip

So if I add a link to this on the download page, should I call this a MSVC
style lib?

> To build my version, I did this:

IMHO if you cross-compile, using configure to build is really handy! I have a
little shell script that does this:

#!/bin/sh

# starts in the curl source tree root

cd win32-build

# to find 3rd party libs:
LDFLAGS=-L/home/dast/src/win32

# point out 3rd party headers too, optimize and use MS bitfields style
CFLAGS="-I/home/dast/src/win32/include -Os -mms-bitfields"
export LDFLAGS
export CFLAGS
../configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --target=i586-mingw32msvc
--with-random=notused --with-zlib

make