Re: res = curl_easy_perform(curl); Error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:03:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, T kyer wrote:

> I discovered a bug with res = curl_easy_perform(curl);.
> This function crashes an fails to return a value. I tracked
> the error to within the function code.

What does "within the function code" mean? Most of the code is within
functions...

> discovered that this bug has been reported by others from version 7.11x to
> version 7.13x.

What bug is it?

> Since the mingw build is v7.13 I'd like to know if the current version 7.14
> has fixed this bug.

I might be able to tell you.

> If it has then it's time to build a new version for mingw windows v7.14

In my opinion, tracking the libcurl releases is always a good thing. We
normally fix between 10 to 30 bugs in every release.

> 1 - Is the source code available in curl-7.14.0.tar.gz platform independent.

Yes. The exact same contents are available as tar.gz, tar.bz2 and zip.

> Specifically if its platform independent then it does not have any win API
> instructions.

Look again. Of course most code doesn't use windows API stuff, but then this
is platform independent code.

> But if does use API then which header and aux *.cpp files do I use?

You build curl and libcurl as documented in docs/INSTALL. It should build fine
out-of-the-box on most platforms with most compilers.

If not, I'll appreciate patches that correct the problems.

> 2- The source folder has several config file for mac, windows, etc. Do I
> need to include all these files.

I don't understand in what context you ask this. What is "you" here?

libcurl should build as-is, unmodified.

> If not then which files are essential for a non ssl version?

Unpack the source package, build it as documented.

> A list would be nice.

Why?