res = curl_easy_perform(curl); Error

From: T kyer <xdtrq_at_ananzi.co.za>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 02:48:44 +0200

I discovered a bug with res = curl_easy_perform(curl);.
This function crashes an fails to return a value. I tracked
the error to within the function code. I'm using dev
4.9.9.2 with win 98se. Proceeding to the next logical step
I performed a search at site and discovered that this bug
has been reported by others from version 7.11x to version
7.13x.

Since the mingw build is v7.13 I'd like to know if the
current version 7.14 has fixed this bug. If it has then
it's time to build a new version for mingw windows v7.14
which I'm willing to do and make available to the members.
However I will require some help. I have some questions:

1 - Is the source code available in curl-7.14.0.tar.gz
platform independent. Specifically if its platform
independent then it does not have any win API instructions.
But if does use API then which header and aux *.cpp files
do I use?

2- The source folder has several config file for mac,
windows, etc. Do I need to include all these files. If not
then which files are essential for a non ssl version?
A list would be nice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks