Re: release count-down

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_libero.it>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:58:14 +0200

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 09:15:25AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> >Howdy
> >
> >I'm hoping to release 7.14.0 later this week. I'm giving you this notice
> >to allow you to object or bring patches forward if you have something
> >you want included in the next release.
> >
> >The major new feature of 7.14.0 is the ability to make libcurl use
> >GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL for the "secure transport layer".
>
> Any particular reason we would want to be using GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL?

GPL software cannot link with libcurl built using OpenSSL. libcurl3
debian package is built using OpenSSL and this makes it unusable by
GPL software.

i don't know if GnuTLS support has been added for this reason.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50