how to determine errors using multi/easy handles?

From: Big Feet <size14feet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 11:29:24 -0400

Hi all-

    Curl so far seems pretty good. Thank you Daniel for your hard
work on this. If this really works -- gives me a library for both
windows & osx.. its going to be great.

   Just a few things are not clear. I'd like to know if a dns
lookup failed. How can I tell?

Also... how can I tell if some other error happened (some non - result
code type error)... like what if the transfer is interrupted mid-way
through the load? What if the load is timed out mid-way? There
doesn't seem to be any call to determine if a load simply succeeded or
failed. curl_multi_info_read returns a structure where the msg field
can only be DONE... but done doesn't tell me what happened... know
what I mean?

  And one other completely different question... The docs say that
calling curl_multi_remove_handle will cause a transfer to abort. Is
this a safe way to abort a transfer? Would I be able to call
curl_easy_cleanup imedately after this call? What if the perform
calls are being called from a different thread than the one that is
calling curl_multi_remove_handle & curl_easy_cleanup...

Thank you-
Matt