Re: libcurl, squid proxy, failing multipart post

From: <man_at_tfhs.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 17:17:26 -0000

On Mon, May 2, 2005, man_at_tfhs.net said:

> yes, i have just compiled 7.13.2 into /usr/local, and linked my app
> against it. Multi-part post now works thru default squid proxy, thanks! I
> have yet to test proxyauth stuff, however.

ok, i have been testing my app using basic proxy auth on the squid box. i
am trying to determine if i am doing The Right Thing (tm) w/regards to the
Expect: header.

if i do not have that header enabled in libcurl, then proxyauth on
multi-part post does not seem to work. headers are sent without auth,
squid responds with a 407 (and libcurl prints that out when verbosity is
turned up) but libcurl then sends the post body anyway, and then hangs,
waiting for timeout.

if i enable Expect: then libcurl reacts better, catching the 407, and
re-transmitting the headers with auth info added. squid connects to the
httpd, sends the headers, and then libcurl has begun sending the post
body. i do not see anywhere that the Expect:100 was ever sent by either my
server or squid, so the header has changed libcurl's processing, even if
it was not received???

i guess it might have something to do with http 1.0 vs 1.1?

my end goal here is to be able to use this app thru as many proxy servers
as possible, but the variety of proxies and auth schemes out there (plus
http 1.0/1.1) are getting me confused. how should i configure this, or
what options do i need to expose in my config file so that these can be
changed in the field?

allan