Problem with MDTM and FTP transfers

From: <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 01:54:48 -0000

libcurl 7.13.1 has a pretty big bug when it comes to CURLOPT_FILETIME and
FTP -- it corrupts the file! The problem is, libcurl will add a Last-Modified
HTTP-style header to the file. In pre 7.13.1, libcurl had the following if
statement around the Last-Modified output:

if(conn->bits.no_body && data->set.include_header && ftp->file) {

In 7.13.1, it appears this condition has disappeared. Therefore, the Last-
Modified is always included in the output if CURLOPT_FILETIME is specified. I
believe the same problem exists with all of the header outputs, though I have
not actually checked.

I'd attempt to solve this problem myself, however I'm not familiar enough
with the new state machine code to give it a try. I'd really appreciate it if
a patched 7.13.1 could be made available as this has completely broken the
parts of my program that use libcurl.

Hopefully that's enough info to solve it!

Dominick Meglio