Re: Debugging test 56 problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:12:28 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> I've started to look into why test 56 started failing on Irix 6.2 a while
> ago. (http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20050221040704-25566)

> However, I'm at a loss as to where to begin. I have run test 56 manually on
> this platform as well as on Irix 6.5 (where it passes) and been looking at
> files in the tests/log/ directory, but I can't see any obvious error
> messages, or any other hints. The content of the files are slightly
> different between the two platforms, but again, I don't know how to
> interpret that one way or another.

Does the error vary between invokes or does it remain the same on the same
platform?

In this test output above, you can see that the file named 'server.input'
looks weird. It might be curl curl that sends odd data, or it might be the
http server that logs it badly. It should send a User-Agent: header that is
100,000 bytes long ('a' repeated) and then a POST, but it seems that the http
server logs some extra trailing 'a' letters after the POST.

If you can add a '--trace-ascii [filesomewhere]' to the test56 file's command
line (of a test run that actually fails on this test), it might shed some
light to the problem.