Re: Cookie database query mid-session

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:19:44 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Bradley T Files wrote:

> I suppose I could set the CURLOPT_HEADER and CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION and try
> to pull it out of the returned stream after logging in but that seems a like
> a bit of overkill to me. I simply want to query the session for the
> existence/value of a cookie.

There is currently no such way. We've discussed this in the past, and I still
want to add an API that can get (and set) cookies like this.

The last time I brought it up is here:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-12/0195.html

... and the previous somewhat bigger suggestion is here:
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/COOKIES

(And judging from the comments to the mail above, we need some kind of mix of
these two to satisfy people.)

Until we get a function or two for cookies, extracting the info "manually" by
intercepting headers is the only proper way.

I'm very interested in suggestions and ideas. I have too many libcurl
development plans going to keep all of them up to speed on my own.