RE: trouble with SSL URL

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:07:42 -0800

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Gosh. I have very little ideas on what this might be. You
> have any details from the server side?

I don't. Other than a socket staying open until I give up and kill
curl, everything seems fine to the server.

I suppose this could be a server problem, but it's really hard to know
since the data on the wire is encrypted. Does anyone know of a good way
to decrypt that to see what's going on (some kind of decrypting protocol
analyzer?)?

The thing that makes me think it's a client side problem (maybe some
interaction of curl with ssl, or ssl itself), is that IE and Firefox
both work.

Here's the curl command that fails for me. Does it fail for you? Maybe
someone has some other ideas about this?

$ ./curl -k
"https://ecc.everdream.com/agent_integration/Login.asp?Type=D&OSVersion=
2%2e5%2e0&ActivationCode=RVAOP%2dUNE%2d245418480&Version=3%2e3%2e19&CDVe
rsion=&SubscriptionID=&Verifier=&Silent=1"

Thanks much for your help. This one has me pretty stumped as well.

-DB