Re: trouble with SSL URL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:29:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, David Byron wrote:

> What causes curl to send an "encrypted alert" packet?

I have no idea. I think this is something OpenSSL "internal" that doesn't
reach our level and that we don't control it in any particular way.

> curl 7.13.0-CVS (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl/7.13.0-CVS OpenSSL/0.9.7e

> But this also breaks for me with openssl 0.9.7d, and 7.12.3 with 0.9.7a
> build with MSVC.

Gosh. I have very little ideas on what this might be. You have any details
from the server side?

> If the ethereal traces help, please let me know and I'll send them. I
> can send the URL too, but I'd rather do that in private mail.

I think we can wait with them and search for more general clues first.