Re: Makefiles for VC6

From: Samuel Díaz García <samueldg_at_arcoscom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:18:45 +0100

Daniel Stenberg writes:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Samuel Díaz García wrote:
>
>> Please, this MAKEFILES are for VC6 and use more configs to allow LIBCURL
>> compile with more options (static/dynamic, release/debug).
>
> Have you tried the ones Cody Jones brought us? If so, in what way are your
> modifications different?

You can build more dinamic/static libcurl/zlib/ssl combinations support than
the official makefile release (see "LIB-Makefile.vc6" for the combinations
allowed).

Can Cody (or someone) take an eye into these makefiles and adapt the
official ones to allow the extra configs?

>> This are tested with 7.12.3 and "works for me" after using the
>> LIBCURL.DEF in 7.12.2 version.
>
> The libcurl.def file has been removed from the build process, and bringing
> it back will require a proper explanation and motivation. Why?

I don't know if someone tested the compilation without the .DEF with VC6,
but without the .DEF the exported symbols isn't clear, have sufixes and
postfixes in the function names.

>> Also I attach the libcurl.def file, missing in the 7.12.3 version (or
>> simply needed for works with these makefiles).
>
> It is not missing by mistake. It has been removed from the build process
> and thus it need not be in the release archives (nor CVS).

Ok, sorry, but I don't found the message about this removed file in the
list.

> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
> Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html