Re: CURLOPT_SSLENGINE option

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:26:32 -0800

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 03:37:19PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> >Working on the "--engine ?" feature, I noted libcurl does not call
> >ENGINE_init() and ENGINE_finish() for the specified engine. Is that an
> >omission?
>
> I have no idea.
>
> >Now this engine option seemingly works.
>
> BTW, may I suggest that you use something different than "?" for the tool,
> as on *nix systems, that is a wildcard that will match a single-letter file
> name... Like:

I'd rather see a whole new option to do this instead of trying to overload
--engine. Otherwise, the meaning of --engine changes completely depending
on which magic word is found afterward. A new option like --list-engines
or even --ssl-version to show more detailed information about the SSL
library would be better, IMHO.

>>> Dan