Re: CURLOPT_SSLENGINE option

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:37:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> Working on the "--engine ?" feature, I noted libcurl does not call
> ENGINE_init() and ENGINE_finish() for the specified engine. Is that an
> omission?

I have no idea.

> Now this engine option seemingly works.

BTW, may I suggest that you use something different than "?" for the tool, as
on *nix systems, that is a wildcard that will match a single-letter file
name... Like:

$ touch a
$ ls ?

> But in fact it does not use any crypto engine the user would expect.

Feel free to correct this, if you have the means to test the code. I don't!

> Not sure if curl_easy_getinfo() should be allowed to take a 'char ***' or if
> we should define a new bit CURLINFO_STRING_ARRAY.

Or perhaps we could add a CURLINFO_SLIST type, that would return a pointer to
a linked list of curl_slist structs (that would require a
curl_slist_free_all() call).

I'm leaning towards adding the ability to extract all cookies libcurl knows
of, and then I'm considering providing the response in such a list. I would
then also add an option that adds cookies to curl using the same kind of list
- more about this in a separate mail once I've thought about it some more.