Re: FTP transfers through a proxy

From: Mongi Abdelmoula <mongi_abdelmoula_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 14:42:06 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
This's output of the call i make :

Console> upload filename ftp://servername http://proxyname:81 username password

About to connect() to proxyname port 81
  Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
connected
Connected to proxyname (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) port 81
Establish HTTP proxy tunnel to servername:21
Proxy auth using (nil) with user ''
Server auth using Basic with user 'username'
CONNECT servername:21 HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:08:09 GMT
Server: NetCache appliance (NetApp/5.6.1D11)
Connection: keep-alive

Closing connection #0

Total Commander is an interface that shows ftp connection.

When ethearealing the two requests first from Total Commander and second with upload(LibCurlNet), I remark that in the first case the proxy receive this request

GET ftp://username:password@servername/ HTTP/1.0 (Correct Request)

in the second request (using LibCurlNet), the proxy receive this request

CONNECT servername:21 HTTP/1.0
So Upload doesn't send really a Get command. Also proxy hasn't receive username & pasword useful to ftp connection´: Any packet contain username or password.

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Mongi Abdelmoula wrote:

> I've used the CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL option, but I have the same problem.

And "the same" being what? Can you show us some traces/debug
outputs/explanations?

> I use Total Commander and he can perfectly upload with FTP over an HTTP
> proxy. Now I want to make this by code.

I don't know what Total Commander is or how it works, but I would expect that
you can figure it out by a little "etherealing" and then you could tell us how
it does work and we could tell you how to do that operation with libcurl!

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail
  Avec Yahoo! faites un don et soutenez le Téléthon !