Re: Patch: partial fix for bug #948950

From: David Phillips <electrum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:25:27 -0600

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:54:30 +0100 (CET), Daniel Stenberg
<daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> You feel like taking a stab at this?

I think I fixed test 518. It now skips opening extra file descriptors
if it can't set RLIMIT_NOFILE high enough. I am assuming that libcurl
won't need more than 16 file descriptors (including 0-2).

I don't see a way for a test to skip itself or print a warning. The
test code prints a warning to stderr if the file descriptor stuff
fails, but it is never displayed anywhere. I suppose it's still
useful as a comment or if you run the test program manually.
Just be aware that the greater than FD_SETSIZE stuff won't actually be
tested on a lot of systems due to rlimits.

Also, I think that <errorcode> in the data file should be 0, not 2. I
am guessing that it was set to 2 since the test was failing so often.

--
David Phillips <david_at_acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/