Re: Patch: partial fix for bug #948950

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:33:37 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, David Phillips wrote:

> That could be it since the default hard limit for users is usually 1024.
> Check and increase the limit for your user before running the program.

I find that somewhat easier said than done. The test script runs on many
platforms so I cannot make it depend on bash features or similar. It cannot
run as root and we can't make it assume than FD_SETSIZE is the same as the
maximum number of allowed open files. We want the test case to behave
identically all over every time. Tricky.

I guess the test case code must figure this out somehow and act accordingly.