Re: Patch: partial fix for bug #948950

From: David Phillips <electrum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:01:31 -0600

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:25:39 +0100 (CET), Daniel Stenberg
<daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> A question on the test case: if libcurl is built to use poll(), why does it
> still fail when lib515 has opened more than FD_SETSIZE file descriptors? Is
> that possibly because on my host FD_SETSIZE equals or is close to the
> maximum number of open descriptors?

That could be it since the default hard limit for users is usually
1024. Check and increase the limit for your user before running the
program. In bash use "ulimit -n". You may have to run as root to
increase the limit or increase your user's hard limit in
/etc/security/limits.conf.

--
David Phillips <david_at_acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/