POST problems

From: Andy Hobbs <andy_at_hobbs.uk.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:20:05 +0000

Hi All,

I have been using libcurl in a C app for quite a while now, using multi
part POSTS to send data to third party web services (hosted by other
companies).

A new data provider I am trying to use will not allow multi part POST
requests so I am trying to use a simple POST request instead.

I am creating a buffer (postData) which contains a URI escaped set of
parameters (encoded using curl_escape()) and then I try to add this to
me request with the following call:

code = curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, postData);

this returns 0, (CURL_OK) so should have succeeded. however when I
perform the request a GET is performed and none of my parameters are
passed to the server.

I have tried explicitly setting CURLOPT_POST even though it is implied
by the CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS option, this had no effect on the query.

I am using libcurl 12.2.2 on Redhat 9.0

What might be causing this behaviour? I have looked but to no avail.

Thanks
Andy

--
Andy Hobbs <andy_at_hobbs.uk.net>