Re: Removing .def file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:59:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> In the process of adding CURL_EXTERN prefix to all exports, I'm not sure
> what to do with curl_domalloc() and friends. These are needed in curl.exe if
> CURLDEBUG and CURLTOOLDEBUG are defined. So it makes sense to mark
> memdebug.h functions for export too (?).

For me it doesn't matter since I don't use systems that care about that.

Is it bad to have them marked for export? If it is, we could just force people
to build statically when enabling the debug stuff on windows and similar
systems.

> Maybe that should be LIBCURL_EXTERN or LIBCURL_API etc. But since options
> uses "CURL" prefix, I settled for that too.

Yes, I think CURL* is fine since all (or at least most) global symbols we use
are prefixed with that.