Re: compile problems with SSL.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:55:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Vijay Krishnan wrote:

> I am trying to cross compile libcurl with SSL for an ARM Linux machine. I
> was able to successfully compile libcurl without SSL but whwn i add
> --with-SSL to the configure script it complains about -lkrb5 and -lgssapi.

I believe I might understand why this happens, but it assumes a few things
about your environment.

If you study the configure output carefully, can you see if it mentions
anything about pkg-config and about using it to get compiler options?

> 1. Do i need krb and gssapi libs for compiling libcurl with SSL

Only if pkg-config says you do (and Redhat has been shipping OSes configured
to do so in the past and I don't know if they still do). The configure script
shouldn't use pkg-config at all when cross-compiling. This should be fixed.

> 2. If not then how can i change the script to not include these libs. (note
> i copied the libs from my host machine and since the host is fedora and my
> targer is arm i get error saying symbols cannot be read.)

If you upgrade to the latest libcurl, specify the path to --with-ssl and I
think it might work.