compile problems with SSL.

From: Vijay Krishnan <twovijay_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:03:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am trying to cross compile libcurl with SSL for an
ARM Linux machine. I was able to successfully compile
libcurl without SSL but whwn i add --with-SSL to the
configure script it complains about -lkrb5 and
-lgssapi. I thought i dont need gssapi or krb for SSL.
I want to know how to make the script stop from
looking for these libs. I tried using --without-gssapi
and --without-krb but for some reason the script tries
to add gssapi and krb even if i specify
--without-gssapi and --without-krb4. I am on a tight
schedule and dont know how to fix these problems. So
in summary my questions are
1. Do i need krb and gssapi libs for compiling libcurl
with SSL

2. If not then how can i change the script to not
include these libs. (note i copied the libs from my
host machine and since the host is fedora and my
targer is arm i get error saying symbols cannot be
read.)

3. If these liba are necessary then does anyone have
them compiles using a uc-libc compiles for ARM?

Thanks for your help in advance. See below my
configuration options and the error i am seeing.

CONFIG OPTIONS:
./configure --host arm-linux --with-random=
/dev/urandom CC=gcc --build localhost.localdomain
--with-SSL=/usr/local/ssl LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib

Error in config.log

gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/kerberos/include
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/kerberos/lib conftest.c
-lcrypto -ldl -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5
-lcom_err -lk5crypto -lresolv -ldl -lz >&5
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so: could not read
symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:24229: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "curl"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "curl"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "-"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "curl -"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "curl-bug_at_haxx.se"
| #define PACKAGE "curl"
| #define VERSION "7.12.0"
| #define OS "arm-unknown-linux-gnu"
| #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64