Re: Re: libcurl and openssl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:21:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 Bastian.Zacher_at_aspect-online.de wrote:

> Yes, I found a post via google, which expained that this is only the first
> test. If anything is broken, obvious the first test will fail.

In config.log, you should check the _last_ check that fails. Several checks
will fail without that being a problem.

> I'm not sure what I've done, but now everything's working fine.

> (One difference: I removed the 'shared' within the configcall of openssl)

Read my explanation again as this proves I was right. Your OpenSSL lib path is
not in ld.so.conf and thus ld.so can't find the shared version. Linking
statically of course circumvent this problem.