Re: Re: libcurl and openssl

From: <Bastian.Zacher_at_aspect-online.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:10:36 +0200

>> checking for curl_off_t... yes
>> checking size of curl_off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
>> (curl_off_t), 77
>> See `config.log' for more details.
>>
>> Last lines of config.log:
>> #endif
>> #ifdef __cplusplus
>> extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
>>
>> configure: exit 1
>
>I very much doubt that is the test that failed.

Yes, I found a post via google, which expained that this is only the first
test.
If anything is broken, obvious the first test will fail.

I'm not sure what I've done, but now everything's working fine.

I tested the steps on a new installed fedora c2 machine and no errors
occured.
(One difference: I removed the 'shared' within the configcall of openssl)

After that, I deleted the sources on the other (failed) machine, and built
the
packages anew. Now curl/openssl was condescend to me ;-)

Here's a short snippet of my steps:

openssl:
./config --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl/<actual-version>
make && make install

curl:
./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl/<actual-version>
make && make install

to test call 'curl --version':
curl 7.12.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7d zlib/1.2.1.1
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

...it's foolproofed...

Thanks for your help,

bastian