RE: Expect:100 continue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:03:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Roman Koifman wrote:

> I think there should be a possibility to turn this mechanism off even for
> HTTP 1.1. (To support HTTP 1.1 servers and proxies without 100-mechanism
> support). Indeed it is possible to turn it off using the empty "Expect:"
> header , but IMHO it will be more practical to turn it off using the
> curl_setopt.

I'm not so sure we need an extra way of doing it. We still need to allow users
to disable it by providing an empty one, as that is the universal
disable-headers approach in libcurl.

"more practical" you say. You mean it makes your code two or three lines
smaller? Or are there any other practical reasons?